Welcome to the Victor Early Childhood Library!
Quick Review of Library Policies and Procedures
- Books are due 2 weeks after they are checked out. Students may check out 1 book per visit and may have up to 3 books on their library account at a time.
- Students check out books weekly during their classroom visit.
- Payment or replacement is requested if a book is lost or damaged during the year.
- Checking out books from a school library is different than from a public library because parents may not always see the books checked out by their students. This can be potentially frustrating if a book is lost. We encourage families to regularly check book bags and to keep school materials in a special location in the house.
- Following a routine with materials at home is crucial for helping students become library users. It helps them care for library materials and enables them to check out books more frequently when books are returned on time.
- At this age, we see a lot of water damaged books. Please encourage your child to keep water bottles in a different backpack compartment away from books, or place library books in a ziploc bag.
Our Library Mission Statement
The Victor Early Childhood School Library provides a positive learning environment that empowers students to be independent thinkers, enthusiastic readers, effective users of information, and are inspired to become learners in this global community.
PK-3 Curriculum Overview
4-6 Curriculum Overview
7-12 Curriculum Overview
English as a Second Language (ESL)
Federally Funded Programs
Inquiry & Enrichment
Junior High Library
High School Library
Professional Learning Plan