Adoption Date: 9/25/2003, Revised: 4/14/2016
1000 - Community Relations
1501 Animals On School Grounds
Based upon (1) the District's obligation to limit the use of school facilities to educational purposes, and (2) concerns related to maintenance costs and hygiene, as well as to help maintain safe and healthy conditions for the students, staff and visitors to the Victor Central School District, it shall be a violation of District policy for any individual to bring a dog or other animal onto school grounds, except in accordance with the following regulations:
1. Animals are prohibited from school grounds Monday through Saturday from 7:00 A.M. until 4:00 P.M., except as permitted by a building principal for instructional or safety purposes.
2. All animals will be on a leash at all times.
3. A clean up/carry out policy will be adhered to at all times.
4. Animals are not allowed on athletic fields or at public events under any circumstances.
5. Service dogs and properly identified service dogs in training will be exempt from the terms of this policy.
The animal owner assumes all risks for the safety of persons or property when bringing animals on school grounds.
Public Health Law 2140
Policy Cross References:
» 4850 - Animals in the Schools (Instructional Purposes)