Adoption Date: 12/9/1999, Revised: 1/13/2011
2000 - Governance and Operations
2000 Board Operational Goals
The Board of Education, as a legally constituted body of elected representatives, bears the responsibility of setting policy for the School District. The Board acts in accordance with authority and responsibility vested in it by federal and state laws, rules, and regulations on behalf of the District's citizens.
In order to ensure that its educational programs provide all students with a high-quality education, the Board hereby establishes as its goals:
1. to ensure that Board actions and performance take into consideration the concerns and aspirations of the community;
2. to ensure the Victor Central School staff considers the educational and technological needs of the community and industry, and to transform such needs into programs aimed at stimulating students and preparing them for future careers;
3. to employ a Superintendent of Schools capable of ensuring that the District maintains its position as an outstanding school system, and that school personnel carry out the policies of the Board with energy and dedication;
4. to provide leadership in order that goals and objectives of the District, as set forth by the Board, can be effectively carried out. Board action should be confined to policy-making, planning and appraisal with the Board delegating authority to the Superintendent for the implementation of policies; and
5. to evaluate annually the Board's performance in relation to these goals, and to establish and clarify policies based upon the results of such evaluation.