Adoption Date: 1/13/2000, Revised: 10/13/2016
2000 - Governance and Operations
2220 Board Officers
The President and Vice-President of the Board of Education shall be elected by members of the Board at the annual reorganization meeting in July.
Duties of the President of the Board
The duties of the President of the Board shall be as follows:
1. to preside at all meetings;
2. to call special meetings he/she considers necessary or on request of one member of the Board;
3. to appoint committees with the advice of fellow Board members;
4. to act as an ex-officio member of all committees;
5. to execute all documents on behalf of the Board; and
6. to perform the usual and ordinary duties of the office.
Duties of the Vice-President
The Vice-President shall assume all the duties of the President in his/her absence.
New York State Constitution, Article 13 §2
Local Finance Law §2.00(5)(e)
Education Law §§1709; 2105(6); 2502; 2504; 2553; 2563; 2590-b