Adoption Date: 6/8/2000, Revised: 6/14/2007; 12/08/2016
4000 - Instruction
4000 Commencement Standards
The development and maintenance of optimal educational programs are the primary functions of the Board of Education. The expected outcomes of the district's educational programs are described in the following Commencement Standards for Victor Central School graduates:
· Read, write, listen and speak purposefully and critically in a variety of situations.
· Communicate in multiple ways, including through the arts.
· Understand and perform in a variety of group settings and diverse populations.
· Work collaboratively as an effective member of a team.
· Produce relevant, innovative, high quality products that reflect originality and excellence.
· Prioritize, plan, and manage for optimum results.
· Identify problems and use effective strategies to reach solutions.
· Use critical and creative thinking strategies and skills in a variety of situations.
· Take risks when tackling challenging problems.
· Develop and apply effective study skills.
· Use state-of-the-art technology communication networks to access, manage, integrate, evaluate, and create information in order to function in a global society.
· Modify and/or influence thinking, attitudes and/or behaviors to function in a multi-cultural society.
· Be driven by curiosity and a desire to know