Thank You for Supporting Our Schools!
The VCS budget passed and the results show the continued commitment of our community toward the education of our children in the Victor Central School District. Special thanks to the faculty and staff who make our schools a great place to learn. We look forward to our continued collaboration with this outstanding community for years to come.
In addition, we congratulate both Karen Ballard and Elizabeth Mitchell for winning three year seats on the VCS Board. We also thank Holly Boisvert and Jill Mathis for their commitment to making a difference for our community. We would like to thank Michael Vetter for his leadership and service on the Board.
Below are the results from the Annual Budget Vote and Election:
The Budget Proposition passed. (1088 yes to 429 no)
The School Bus Proposition passed. (1160 yes to 353 no)
The Capital Reserve Fund Proposition passed. (1133 yes to 380 no)
The Technology Capital Reserve Fund passed. (1201 yes to 318 no)
The Victor-Farmington Library Funding Proposition passed. (1141 yes to 381 no)
Two Board of Education candidates were elected to fill two seats.
Karen Ballard with 805 votes – for a three year term
Elizabeth Mitchell with 676 votes – for a three year term
2021-2022 Budget Preparation
- Are we exceeding the tax cap again?
- Will there be a Property Tax Relief Credit this year?
- How will the increase in the levy effect my taxes?
- Why are we increasing taxes if we received a significant increase in state aid?
- What is STAR and how much is it?
- Where are the stimulus funds in the budget?
- What will the stimulus funds be used for?
- How much in stimulus funds will the District receive?
- What are the consequences of an unsuccessful budget?
- Why does our District have reserves?
- Why is the District creating a new Capital Reserve?
- What is a technology reserve, and why do we need this?
- Where does the money to fund reserves come from?
- May 4th Community Budget Hearing Presentation
- April 15 BOE Budget Presentation
- March 25th Budget Workshop Presentation
- March 10th BOE Budget Presentation
- February 25th BOE Budget Workshop Presentation
- February 11th BOE Budget Presentation
- January 28th BOE Budget Workshop Presentation
- January 14, 2020 BOE Budget Presentation
- December 10, 2020 Budget Development Presentation
- Special BOE Meeting (Presentation by Rick Timbs on the Long Term Financial Analysis of Victor Central Schools)