This week, Buffalo Business First released its full 2020 academic standings for school districts across the Rochester Area, a region that consists of Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne and Yates counties, and includes 67 school districts.
Districts were evaluated on four years of test data and graduation rates obtained from the New York State Education Department. The rankings reflect the overall performance of all public schools within any given district, based on test results from third grade through the senior year of high school.
The Victor Central School District ranked fifth out of the 67 school districts ranked in this study.
2020 Greater Rochester School District Rankings (Top 10)
• 1. Pittsford (Monroe County)
• 2. Honeoye Falls-Lima (Monroe County)
• 3. Penfield (Monroe County)
• 4. Brighton (Monroe County)
• 5. Victor (Ontario County)
• 6. Fairport (Monroe County)
• 7. West Irondequoit (Monroe County)
• 8. Webster (Monroe County)
• 9. Spencerport (Monroe County)
• 10. Rush-Henrietta (Monroe County)
In a separate study, Buffalo Business First also released its 2020 Public High School Rankings. Victor Senior High ranked 7th out of 88 high schools in the same eight county area.
• 1. Pittsford Mendon HS (Pittsford)
• 2. Pittsford Sutherland HS (Pittsford)
• 3. Honeoye Falls-Lima SHS (Honeoye Falls-Lima)
• 4. Penfield SHS (Penfield)
• 5. Brighton HS (Brighton)
• 6. Fairport SHS (Fairport)
• 7. Victor SHS (Victor)
• 8. Webster Thomas HS (Webster)
• 9. Irondequoit HS (West Irondequoit)
• 10. Hilton HS (Hilton)