The Victor Central School District is excited to announce that this summer we adopted a new form of school-to-home communication called ParentSquare. This unified communications platform is designed to keep parents and guardians informed and encourage greater engagement and connection with VCS. ParentSquare provides a safe way for district administrators, school principals, teachers, staff, and parents to:
- Send and receive school and class information
- Share pictures and files
- See calendar items
- Sign up to volunteer
- Schedule parent-teacher conferences
- And much more . . . all in one centralized place!
From now on, all district and school, grade level and classroom information will be sent to your computer or phone via email and/or text via ParentSquare. There is no need to register to receive communications from VCS unless you want a more customized, interactive experience.
For More . . . Register Your Account
To customize your ParentSquare experience (e.g. schedule when you receive messages, enable interaction with the sender, etc.) you will need to register your account. To register:
- Go to www.parentsquare.com and click “sign up or create an account”
- Type in your email or cell phone number
- You will be prompted to register your account
For Greater Flexibility, Download the App
Want to access ParentSquare on the go? For greater communication convenience, simply download the ParentSquare app, available for FREE for iOS and Android devices.
If you still have questions about this new communication platform, you can click the question mark in the top right corner of the desktop version of ParentSquare or the Help tab on the ParentSquare app (tap the triple bar icon at the top left) for answers to most questions. You can also access the “Getting Started” video link below.
- How to Register my Account?
- How Can I Update my Contact Information?
- What additional features does the app have that will be helpful in the future?
- Is it Necessary to Register my Account to Receive Messages?
- I’m not getting any messages at all from ParentSquare. Why not?
- How to download the ParentSquare Mobil App?
REGISTERED users can change their notification frequency for posts: you can receive instantly (when they are posted) or as a Digest at 6 p.m.
- All posts would be sent in one email at 6 pm. each night
- If the user with the Digest setting turned on looks at the app or web browser, they will see the posts
- The Digest user will still receive emergency communications instantly sent by Smart Alert or when an user sends a post instantly
- Messages, communication directed to smaller groups or individuals, are sent instantly
Directions to set this up are locate on the right in the Setting Up Preferences Documents.