Student Registration

Dear Parent/Person in Parental Relation, 

Thank you for your interest in Victor Central School District (the “District”). In order to standardize the registration process, we ask that you provide the following information along with the attached registration paperwork.
Please provide this information as promptly as possible, as the District is required to determine whether your child is entitled to continued enrollment in the District within four days of your initial enrollment request. Your failure to provide the following information may put your child’s continued enrollment in jeopardy.


Please submit evidence establishing you and your child’s physical presence in the
school district. Such evidence may include:

  1. A copy of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium, such as a deed or mortgage statement;
  2. A statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the District, which may be either sworn or unsworn;
  3. Such other statement by a third party establishing the parent(s)’ or person(s) in parental relation’s physical presence in the district; and/or Other forms of documentation, which may include, but will not be limited to:
  • pay stub;
  • income tax form;
  • utility or other bills;
  • membership documents (e.g., library cards) based upon residency;
  • voter registration document(s);
  • official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification;
  • State or other government issued identification;
  • documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement); or
  • evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers.


The District will require documentation and/or information establishing your child’s age. Please supply a certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism (including a certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism) giving the date of birth. Where such documentation is not available, a passport (including a foreign passport) may be used.
Where birth certificate or passport is not available, the District may consider certain other evidence, which has been in existence two years or more. Other evidence may include, but will not be limited to the following:

  • official driver’s license;
  • state or other government issued identification;
  • school photo identification with date of birth;
  • consulate identification card;
  • hospital or health records;
  • military dependent identification card;
  • documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement);
  • court orders or other court-issued documents;
  • Native American tribal document; or
  • records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies.


In accordance with New York State’s Public Health Law, the District must also receive evidence that your child has been immunized in accordance with the New York State Department of Heath Immunization Bureau’s Immunization Requirements for School Entrance/Attendance. These records will be necessary to ensure your child’s continued attendance. Additionally, please provide us with records of any recent physical examination your student has received. New York State mandates that each new student entering a public school is required to have a physical examination upon entering the District. A physical completed no more than twelve months before the first day of the school year in question will meet this requirement.


For information regarding a parent's rights regarding the referral and evaluation of a student for the purposes of special education services or programs, please refer to A Parent's Guide to Special Education, available on the New York State Education Department's website. A link to this website is provided below. For more information, contact Sheila McCarthy, Interim Director of Special Programs and Services, at 924-3252, extension 1451. 

A Parent's Guide to Special Education is located at

NYSED A Parent's Guide to Special Education

If you have any questions with respect to the foregoing or in regards to the enclosed registration packet, please contact Sheila McCarthy, Interim Director of Special Programs and Compliance, at 585-924-3252, extension 1451.