Transportation policy is set by the Board of Education of the Victor Central School District. All students living within the Victor Central School District are eligible for transportation to and from school. Changes in Regular Transportation Procedures . . .
The Victor Central School buses will transport students to any child care provider within the District's boundaries. Parents must provide this information in writing to the school in which their child attends prior to the beginning of the school year.
Parents must also notify the school in writing, at least one week prior to any long term change in child care arrangements. Requests for transportation other than to designated child care providers or home must be submitted in writing to your child's school at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance.
Junior and Senior High students leaving the campus at the 2:20 dismissal may not return to ride an activity bus home.
All students must ride only their assigned run. (i.e. The Junior/Senior High students MAY NOT ride the Elementary runs and the Elementary students MAY NOT ride the Junior/Senior High run)
Transportation for Students Attending Private Schools and Off-Site Special Education Programs
- When Victor Central School has a scheduled closing due to a holiday or a Superintendent's Conference Day, Victor will provide transportation for those students who are attending special education programs.
In the event Victor Central School is closed due to bad weather conditions, Victor will not provide transportation for students attending private schools or parochial schools.
If Victor Central School has an emergency closing, all private schools and special education programs will be notified that students will be picked up early and transported home.
In order to be eligible for transportation to a private/parochial school, parents must submit a written request no later that April 1st of the previous years. Additionally, you must live with 15 miles of the school of your choice.
Victor Transportation Department
Attention: Lisa Hinman
953 High Street
Victor, New York 14564
All K-6 families MUST fill out the K-6 Transportation Form for you child's 2018-2019 transportation needs.
- The Transportation Department is in need of vital information in order to fulfill your child's 2018-2019 transportation needs.
If you haven’t already done so, PLEASE fill out and return the form below ASAP so that your child can be transported to and from appropriate daily destinations (home, childcare center, babysitter, other).
- Completed forms can be emailed, faxed or sent via regular mail to:
953 High St, Victor, NY 14564
attn: Kelly Tornstrom
Email to: tornstromk@victorschools.
Fax to: 585-742-7026
The New York State Education Department regulations stipulate that children should be out at the end of the driveway/bus stop five minutes prior to the normal bus stop time. For example, if the bus normally arrives at 8:00 am, then your child should be standing at the bus stop by 7:55 am.
If a child does not take advantage of AM transportation for three days in a row, with no phone call from his/her parent, it is VCS's practice to suspend the AM pick up until we are contacted.
- Eating or drinking is not permitted on the bus.
- Changes in student transportation should be writing or called into the School's Office by 11:00 am the day of the changes.
- Skateboards, sleds, skis, lacrosse/hockey sticks, large instruments or large objects are not allowed on the bus.
- Activity bus is provided after school for junior and senior high students on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Activity buses leave the bus loop at 3:05 pm. Students are not allowed to board the activity bus without a pass from the teacher that the student stayed with during activity period.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Kelly Tornstrom directly at 924-3252, ext 5702.
Dismissal Change Form
Non Public School Transportation
Out of District Requirements
K-6 Transportation Form
VIS Early Bus Request