Transportation policy is set by the Board of Education of the Victor Central School District. All students living within the Victor Central School District are eligible for transportation to and from school. Changes in Regular Transportation Procedures . . .
No daily changes will be allowed to a student's transportation schedule. (Ex. taking a bus to a friend's house.) We do understand that there are emergency situations and they will be handled on a case by case basis.
All transportation changes must be submitted one week in advance. Changes will ONLY be accepted by using the K-6th ONLINE transportation form which is found on the Transportation page at the very bottom.
The Victor Central School buses will transport students to any child care provider within the District's boundaries.
Junior and Senior High students leaving the campus at the 2:20 dismissal may not return to ride an activity bus home.
All students must ride only their assigned run. (i.e. The Junior/Senior High students MAY NOT ride the Elementary runs and the Elementary students MAY NOT ride the Junior/Senior High run)
All students, Grades K-3 must have a parent, guardian or older sibling visible to the driver to receive them off the bus in the afternoons.
Transportation for Students Attending Private Schools and Off-Site Special Education Programs
- When Victor Central School has a scheduled closing due to a holiday or a Superintendent's Conference Day, Victor will provide transportation for those students who are attending special education programs.
In the event Victor Central School is closed due to bad weather conditions, Victor will not provide transportation for students attending private schools or parochial schools.
If Victor Central School has an emergency closing, all private schools and special education programs will be notified that students will be picked up early and transported home.
In order to be eligible for transportation to a private/parochial school, parents must submit a written request no later that April 1st of the previous years. Additionally, you must live with 15 miles of the school of your choice.
Victor Transportation Department
Attention: Lisa Hinman
953 High Street
Victor, New York 14564
All K-6 families MUST fill out the K-6 Transportation Form for your child's 2021-2022 transportation needs.
- The Transportation Department is in need of vital information in order to fulfill your child's transportation needs.
If you haven’t already done so, PLEASE fill out and return the form below ASAP so that your child can be transported to and from appropriate daily destinations (home, childcare center, babysitter, other).
- Completed forms can be emailed, faxed or sent via regular mail to:
953 High St, Victor, NY 14564
attn: Kelly Clink
Email to: clinkk@victorschools.
Fax to: 585-742-7026
The New York State Education Department regulations stipulate that children should be out at the end of the driveway/bus stop five minutes prior to the normal bus stop time. For example, if the bus normally arrives at 8:00 am, then your child should be standing at the bus stop by 7:55 am.
If a child does not take advantage of AM transportation for three days in a row, with no phone call from his/her parent, it is VCS's practice to suspend the AM pick up until we are contacted.
- Eating or drinking is not permitted on the bus.
- Skateboards, sleds, skis, lacrosse/hockey sticks, large instruments or large objects are not allowed on the bus.
- Activity bus is provided after school for junior and senior high students on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Activity buses leave the bus loop at 3:05 pm. Students are not allowed to board the activity bus without a pass from the teacher that the student stayed with during activity period.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Kelly Clink directly at 924-3252, ext 7120.
Non Public School Transportation
Out of District Requirements
K-6 ONLINE Transportation Form
K-6 Yearly Transportation Form
This form is to be completed by June 1, 2022 for the 2022-2023 school year.